Jacksonville Fire/Rescue Department – Emergency Preparedness Division
- Phone: 904-630-CITY (2489)
- Jax Ready App: http://www.coj.net/departments/fire-and-rescue/emergency-preparedness/news/jaxready-app-receives-a-major-update!
- Website: http://www.coj.net/departments/fire-and-rescue/emergency-preparedness.aspx
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JaxReady
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jaxready
- Evacuation Zones: http://www.coj.net/departments/fire-and-rescue/emergency-preparedness/get-prepared/evacuation-zones.aspx
- Evacuation Routes: http://www.coj.net/departments/fire-and-rescue/emergency-preparedness.aspx
- Special Needs Registry: https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736729696#/login
- Special Needs Shelters: http://www.coj.net/all-of-coj/accessibility-statement.aspx
Duval School Closures
Nov. 11, 2020– Tropical Storm ETA is expected to impact Duval County on Thursday, Nov. 12.
Duval County Public Schools is switching to online instruction through Duval HomeRoom.
Parents and students:
- All classes for Thursday, Nov. 12, will be held online through Duval HomeRoom
- Elementary school classes will begin online at 10 a.m. and conclude at 3 p.m.
- Secondary school classes will begin and end at their normal time.
- DVIA (Duval Virtual Instruction Academy) students will do their work in their normal platform.
- Students should plan to be online to begin classes at the appropriate time.
- Families who may not have laptops can use their phones to get email assignments and instructions for their students.
- All after school activities for Nov. 12 are cancelled.
- There will be no school lunch service on Nov. 12.
All personnel will work from home with the exception of School Police who will report as normal.
At this time, there are no changes expected for Friday, Nov. 13. Continue to visit our website for further updates.
Clay County Emergency Management
- Phone: 904-284-7703
- Toll Free: 1-877-252-9362
- Website: https://www.claycountygov.com/departments/emergency-management
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClayCtyEm
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClayCounty_EM
- Evacuation Zones: http://public.claycountygov.com/evaczone/
- Evacuation Routes: https://www.claycountygov.com/departments/emergency-management
- Special Needs Registry: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085619298#/login
- Special Needs Shelters: https://www.claycountygov.com/departments/emergency-management
Clay County Schools Closure
Weather Update #2: SCHOOL CLOSED TOMORROW, NOVEMBER 12TH.
We are continuing to work alongside our partners at Clay County Emergency Management to monitor the potential effects of Tropical Storm Eta. Clay County currently remains under a Tropical Storm Watch. Based on current information from the National Hurricane Center and Clay County Emergency Management as of 4:45 this afternoon, we have decided to close all schools and offices tomorrow, Thursday, November 12th. This includes all after-school activities. Please know the decision to close schools is not taken lightly. As always, the safety of every individual is our top priority. We do have hurricane days built into our revised calendar for this school year, so no adjustments will need to be made to the student calendar.
At this time, the plan is to resume all operations with schools and offices reopening on Friday, November 13th. We will continue to monitor the storm as it moves through our area over the next 24 hours and will work with our partner agencies to determine the need for any other potential closures. Please stay tuned as we provide updates through email, our district website, and social media pages.
St. Johns County
St. Johns County Emergency Management
- Phone: 904-824-5550 for non-emergency storm-related information
- Website: https://www.sjcemergencymanagement.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsEOC
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StJohnsEOC
- Evacuation Zones: https://www.sjcemergencymanagement.com/evacinfo.html
- Shelters (General & Special Needs): https://www.sjcemergencymanagement.com/shetlocs.html
- Special Needs Registry: https://www.sjcemergencymanagement.com/regist.html
St. Johns County Clerk of Courts and 7th Circut Court Closed November, 12 2020
The St. Johns County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller and all the 7th Judicial Circuit Court operations have been suspended tomorrow, November, 12 2020, due to potential inclement weather impacts from Tropical Storm Eta. Please contact the Clerk's office for information regarding rescheduled court cases and appointments.