There were some words you HAD to use in 2018... Lit or Litty, Fire, Shade, just to name a few.
With it being a NEW year we gotta update your Pop Culture Term List.
I'll just break down some terms you might want to keep handy in 2019.
1) Slime - Homie, Brother, Friend, Dog
2) Tea - This one might not be as new in 2019 but it definitely isn't going anywhere. Expect a lot of exchanging of gossip amongst your peers about celebrities, family, and even friends.
3) Kiki - You might hear songs about this word at this point.... But it's basically a party or kickback... When I was in college I use to call this a GETTY.
4) G.O.A.T. - This should be an easy one. Greatest of All Time. It originated with sports, Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Serena Williams, etc. BUT it's being extended into everyday life. If I pulled a girl and got her number in a clever way, I too can be a G.O.A.T.!
5) Stan - Overzealous fan of a celebrity or person. This one is easy to explain. Anybody part of the BeyHive is a Stan..... But Beyonce is good though don't come for me.
There's plenty words out there via social media but do not despair. Urban Dictionary is my friend sometimes too LOL