Regulations to help stop the spread of COVID-19 have forced restaurants to cut hours, lay off employees or close for good.
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation created the Restaurant Employee Relief Fund which will offer $500 grants to restaurant industry employees who have been impacted by COVID-19. Apply as soon as you can. The grants are first-come-first-serve to those who qualify.
Do I Qualify?
Grants will go to restaurant employees who can prove they:
- Worked on a part- or full-time basis in the restaurant industry for at least 90 days in the past year; and
- Have had a primary source of income in the restaurant industry for the last year; and
- Have experienced a decrease in wages or loss of job on or after March 10, 2020; and
- Live in the United States, an overseas U.S. military base, or any U.S. territory; and
- Are over the age of legal majority in their U.S. state or territory.
Photo: Getty Images