Photo: Getty Images
Everyone has their rock solid deal breakers, like cheating. That's kind of obvious. BUT there are some things we think are red flags that are actually part of being in a healthy relationship.
I've been with my man for five years and I definitely thought some of these were problematic! Now, it makes more sense.
- Letting things go unresolved. Not every little problem is going to have a solution. Don't keep fighting, just let it go.
- Feeling attracted to other people. We're humans and we have hormones. Of course I'm attracted to Jeff Goldblum. That man is a damn fox. But would I ever act on that? Probs not. KIDDING I obviously love my man.
- Criticism. There's nothing wrong with healthy criticism to help each other grow.
- Keeping secrets, as long as they're minor. You don't have to tell them every teeny tiny detail. That's a little buts. Just don't keep BIG secrets.
- Having less sex. Ok this is a big one, especially if you're in a long term relationship. IT'S NORMAL. Life and stress can make you slow down or come to a full stop for a while. It doesn't mean you're doomed.