Photo by: Getty Images
Sometimes a girl just wants to put on stained sweats she's had from two boyfriends ago and dive into a bowl of mac and cheese with a nice pinot grigio.
That doesn't make you an animal.
A wine expert came up with a list of the best wines to pair with different types of JUNK food. Here are six pairings he says you should try:
1. With Doritos, try a sparkling Lambrusco. It's an Italian red wine that's not as bubbly as champagne. They go well together because the bubbles, quote, "cut through the chips' oily charisma." Uh, okay? Since when are Doritos trying to flirt with you?
2. Pair barbecue potato chips with a rosé. No real explanation for that one. He just says they go well together, so I'm guessing he's tried it.
3. With Slim Jims, try a red zinfandel. It's a little spicier than other wines, so it goes well with spiced meat. (lol... spiced meat)
4. Pair our beloved Kraft Macaroni & Cheese with chardonnay. The "buttery" flavor of the wine goes well with the creaminess of the mac and cheese. He says it's also the best wine to drink with popcorn.
5. With a grilled cheese sandwich, drink pinot noir. Again, no real explanation. BUT DO YOU REALLY NEED ONE?
6. With Froot Loops, try an Australian sparkling shiraz. It's sweet and goes well with anything fruity.