News4Jax recently covered a story about a dog that had come into contact with a Sago Palm and had to receive treatment to counteract the toxins that attack the liver. Among other native plants, Sago Palms are extremely toxic to animals. They're all around, and you may not even realize it!
The symptoms of Sago Palm poisoning are pretty vague: vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, excessive drool, and lethargy. Luckily, the ASPCA has a list of toxic plants with photos so that you know what to avoid bringing into your yard or home, or to narrow down a cause if your pet has gotten into something!