Author and YouTube personality Zach Anner was asked by the Cerebral Palsy Foundation to help spread awareness about the condition he lives with every day: cerebral palsy.
If for whatever reason you aren't able to watch the video right now (which we definitely recommend), here's the quick transcript of his list.
- I am not a dog
- It's pronounced səˈrēbrəl pôlzē, "seh-ree-brahl pahl-see"
- It's hard to make finger lists
- My legs are fine (the problem is in my brain)
- Having cerebral palsy doesn't make you inherently inspiring
- You can still have a great life
- We don't all know each other
- I might need help sometimes, but I'm just a normal person who needs help
- Cerebral palsy can be a tool for good
- Zach Anner doesn't know anything and you shouldn't assume that the things he says are true for all people with cerebral palsy in the world