Welp, this is bad news for me. I have a weakness for Starbucks Fraps!
According to an article on foodbabe.com: here's what's in the new Unicorn Frappuccino!
Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino Ingredients: Ice, Milk, Crème Frappuccino Syrup [Water, Sugar, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Mango Syrup [Sugar, Water, Mango Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavor, Passion Fruit Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Turmeric, Gum Arabic], Blue Drizzle [White Chocolate Mocha Sauce (Sugar, Condensed Skim Milk, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Natural Flavor, Salt, Potassium Sorbate, Monoglycerides), Classic Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid), Sour Blue Powder (Citric Acid, Color [Spirulina, Water, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid])], Pink Powder [Dextrose, Fruit And Vegetable Color (Apple, Cherry, Radish, Sweet Potato)], Sour Blue Powder [Citric Acid, Color (Spirulina, Water, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid)].
- Carrageenan – Linked to intestinal inflammation and cancer.
- Citric Acid – Typically derived from mold made with GMO corn (not from fruit). This appears 8 times in the ingredient list!
- Mono and Diglycerides – A hidden form of trans fat, which is strongly linked to heart disease.
- Natural and Artificial Flavors – This is not a single ingredient…each flavor may contain of up to 100 ingredients, including synthetic chemicals, solvents and preservatives such as BHA, propylene glycol, MSG, parabens, and more.
It also has more sugar than…
Entire bag of Hostess Powdered Donettes (75 grams of sugar). This is 20 donettes!
Four large scoops Baskin Robbins Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (72 grams of sugar).
- 29 Hershey’s Kisses (75 grams of sugar).
I mean, knowing me... I might still try it. But, if we're really trying to look out for our health, it's best we pass it up!
Read all the details here!